Want to learn more about projection mapping (and you speak Italian)? Donato Maniello and Luigi Console are the co-founders of gloWArp.com studio, a multimedia studio focusing on “New Technologies for the Arts,” and have written a book on projection mapping (video mapping), “Augmented Reality in public spaces. Techniques based video mapping.” Donato has a PhD in materials and design for architecture, and Luigi has masters in visual design.
For now the book is only in Italian, but we were promised a 2015 translation into English. You can find it on Amazon here. The following details are via Google Translate, so please forgive any translation errors.
• History of video mapping
• Choice of projector
• Masking layers in Illustrator
• After Effects® and video mapping
• 4D® Cinema, 3D scenes, Camera Calibration …
• Mounting audio-video
• Resolume Arena®, real-time content and warping
• The importance of architecture
• Methods of mapping
• Video mapping and bureaucracy
Tweet at gloWArp and tell them we want an English version!
Update: From gloWArp – expect an English version in April 2015!